Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I have never been especially into this particular holiday - I find it to be a fun occasion to spend with friends, rather than an especially romantic day.  Maybe it's because being married to Derek makes every day like Valentine's Day.  Whoa...apparently I'm getting REALLY lonely out here :)

To celebrate Valentine's Day, I would like to say how much I miss and love everyone at home.  I hope that you all have a fabulous day, and I would appreciate it if someone could eat some chocolates on my behalf!

While I won't be going all out today, you better believe that I will be celebrating with bells on for some of the other upcoming major holidays - Easter and 4th of July.  They give you a four day weekend for Easter here.  Plus, Cadbury, maker of the disgusting-looking but oh-so-delicious Cadbury Creme Egg, is British (http://www.cadbury.co.uk/)!  As for 4th of July...it's only mildly blasphemous for a person to celebrate independence from the country she's currently living in, right? 



Oh and don't forget my plans to wear a hat around all day on April 29th as if I'm actually attending the royal wedding!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! We miss you too.

    I'm all over the chocolate. We bought some for each other. I'll be double dipping.

    Cadbury Eggs you say? I'm booking my flight right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmett and Will (and me and Barrett too!!)are loving the Team Vicino blog...Will reads it aloud every night! Happy Valentine's Day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the best :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen I personally think if you're going to wear the hat you must attend the actual event! If anyone can get in you can, besides all the other princess' will be attending! Love you Auntie Debbie

    ReplyDelete