Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Bit of British Fabulousity

Is fabulousity a word?  If not, it should be, as it is quite descriptive, don't you think?

This week it has struck me a couple of times that London is rather fabulous.  Item 1.  They have TJ Maxx here, but it's called TK Maxx.  Some sort of trademark issue, evidently.  Anyway, the thing is that here, they don't just have the normal TJ Maxx stuff.  They also have a whole section of designer stuff.  Pucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, etc.  Obviously, I'm not planning on making any such purchases, but I had to try a dress on, and I must say - girlfriend looks good in Versace.  What's that?  Yes.  I realize that everyone likely looks good in Versace, which is why they can charge $2,500 for a cocktail dress.  But it was still fun!  And don't worry - I bought a £25 blazer instead :)  Stay tuned for a later post with my commentary on London fashion.

Item 2.  Today was a very nice last solo day before Derek gets here.  I spent the afternoon walking over to the Tate Modern museum to wander around and look at the modern art for a bit.  On the way home, I treated myself to some wonderful French food for dinner along the river...yum. 

And finally, Item 3.  This was my view on the walk home:


Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment