Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Visitors!

I was so excited to have my first visitors last weekend. My Aunt Joyce was here for five days, and did a wonderful job of keeping me company while Derek visited the Red Sox (it was sad to see her go after we had such a great time). We lots of fun girl stuff, including seeing a show, sitting in cafes, and shopping for antiques and jewelery on Portobello Road.

On Saturday, we saw We Will Rock You with my friend Deb, and had lots of fun wandering around the West End and Soho. We had brunch in a French restaurant that was delicious, and heard all about Deb's recent business trip to India.




On Sunday, we went to the Portobello Road market.  The homes are absolutely beautiful over in Notting Hill, and the market had so many unique pieces of jewelery, vintage maps, pretty scarves, and many other tempting baubles.





Fortunately, I kept it together and the only thing I bought was an antique china bread plate. I got this idea at a restaurant here to collect little plates in all different china patterns so that when we're back home with our family and friends (who we miss so much right now), we can use an interesting variety of plates for appetizers at our house. My goal is to never spend more than $5 on one, so that I feel like I can use them whenever I want. I feel like it seems kind of weird when I type it, but I think it will be cool in practice. Here she is - mini plate numero uno:

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun, Kristen! Where shall we go next? XOXO

    ReplyDelete