Tuesday, April 12, 2011

London Style

Part of the fun of being here is observing the bold style of Londoners - I hope some of it rubs off on me!  It's a lot different than Boston...people get more dressed up here I think.  I'm obviously no expert, but it makes for great people-watching to check out the outfits that are different from what I see at home.  A few things I've picked up on are:

Mulberry bags - Everyone seems to have one of these beautiful leather handbags, that are made right here in England.  If only I were in the market for a $1,200 handbag...



Lace-up oxford shoes - Kind of brings me back to my Catholic school days, but I'm always on board with a comfortable trend!  When I left Boston, these seemed to be sort of on their way in for a few people, but here everyone seems to have them.  I made the leap for while I'm here...I wonder if I can make them work in Boston.
      MIKA Classic Flat Ladies Brogues
Stripes - I think this might be happening in the US too...but everything here seems to have stripes on it.  It's very nautical.  Makes me miss the beach. 



Florals - I think the girls (and perhaps sometimes the boys) are a bit girlier here.  This includes some serious flowery frilly dresses and shirts.  I can't wait for Spring/Summer to officially come!


 
In general, I've also seen a ton of scarves, tights, and boots.  All the fun clothes make operation don't-spend-all-your-money-lest-Derek's-head-explode so much harder.  I'll be quite pleased when I'm no longer operating at a significant currency exchange rate deficit once I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment